Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chicago Midway to Dulles International: I shared a flight with McNabb tonight. UPDATED: Photos page 3

Jahbird

So, I am sitting in Midway waiting to meet my connection to Dulles and the Southwest Lady chirps up, "Will Mr. McNabb please come to the customer service desk?"

I'm sitting there thinking this would be crazy if..."would Donovan McNabb please come to the customer service desk."

Now, I kind of came to attention and looked over towards the boarding area and sure enough, there's Donovan McNabb. He was rocking workout gear, a sported out pair of Buds by Dr. Dre, nike high tops and a real low key watch that was insanely nice.

You could tell he was a little pissed that the SW lady blew up his spot but to my surprise only myself and about 10-15 people perked up and looked his direction. A couple of the people went over and gave him a pound said they were glad he was in town and a couple of cute girls got the nerve to come talk to him for a few. I didnt want to look like a creeper so I held back a little. When he came by I just kinda said "beat them cowboys" like a rahtard and sat back down.

He boarded early in A group and I was Early B group. Got the last isle seat caddy corner to his window seat. He was sitting at the side entrance seat so he could stretch his legs out. He put on his headphones and turned off the light and was done for the whole flight.

On the way back I rode the new trains at dulles back to baggage claim standing literally five feet from the guy. He was cool as ****, just kinda hung back and was polite to people who come up to him. Everyone was real respectful so it wasn't like a mob scene or anything. I was surprised at how much people respected his space. Even on the plane, I figured a captive audience, some fanboy might talk his head off. Nothing like that happened.

My buddy (also a huge skins fan) was meeting me. I texted him at midway and told him to be ready to see him up there. As Donovan and I (it's weird to type that) were coming up to baggage claim, my pal walks towards me and just stops for a quick second and gave him a pound and said what's up.

He said the exact encounter went like this....

Friend: Are you the man?

Donovan: What man?

Friend: The man who is gonna bring us a ring?

Donovan: No doubt...

then he bumped fists with him and went and picked up his bags and that was it. I'm still high from the whole experience.

Also, he looked put together. Dude's thick.

Crazy experience, sorry for the the length. Thought you guys would enjoy hearing about it. Our new QB seems to be the anti-Roethlisberger, which I enjoy immensely. HTTR!

In all seriousness I delivered a pizza to D-Mac's house the other night. Unfortunately as he was unlocking door, some huge, gap-toothed dude jumped out of the bushes, mushed my face, stole the pizza and speared Donovan when he opened the door. Really ****ed up my tip.

In all seriousness I delivered a pizza to D-Mac's house the other night. Unfortunately as he was unlocking door, some huge, gap-toothed dude jumped out of the bushes, mushed my face, stole the pizza and speared Donovan when he opened the door. Really ****ed up my tip.

Oh man that had me rolling.

OP cool story man, thanks for sharing.

Friend: Are you the man?

Donovan: What man?

Friend: The man who is gonna bring us a ring?

Donovan: No doubt...

that lne was so lame lol your friend could not have thought of anything else better to say??? He probably have Fresh Prince of Bel-Air-ish pickup lines for women...

Cool story. When I saw the thread title, all I could think about was if Donovan were still playing for the Crows, I would have given him my air sickness bag and say, "Here, you will need this if you make it back to the Super Bowl."

Sorry, old habits die hard, I am rooting for him now.

Awesome story!

The best part about this is just how professional and personable he comes off as.

I feel like a guy eating a real filet mignon for the first time after eating Lean Cuisine Salisbury Steak for his whole life. It's just so nice to see what I've been missing!

Someone's hatin'. I came in here expecting total lameness because it was only rated 1-star.

OP, not sure I would've done any better than you. Years ago when Monty Coleman was still playing I spotted him at Dulles. No one approached him, including me, though I'm sure he would've been fine if we had. He was so big in comparison to other passengers, even if you weren't a fan, you'd have to know something was up with [Coleman].

Years ago when Monty Coleman was still playing I spotted him at Dulles. No one approached him, including me, though I'm sure he would've been fine if we had. [Coleman].

Man... back in the days when I waited tables.... I waited on a party that Monty Coleman was hosting of about 10 or 12 people. The dude wasn't cold, but just wasn't friendly.... but whatever that wouldn't bother me..... when the bill came (about $260) he left me $3.00 tip when he picked up the tab. Service wasn't bad, and that just solidified that I would never respect that dude. Very low.

Man... back in the days when I waited tables.... I waited on a party that Monty Coleman was hosting of about 10 or 12 people. The dude wasn't cold, but just wasn't friendly.... but whatever that wouldn't bother me..... when the bill came (about $260) he left me $3.00 tip when he picked up the tab. Service wasn't bad, and that just solidified that I would never respect that dude. Very low.

Dude, stop ****ing.

Tipping is VOLUNTARY. I don't want to spend any more money than is required in my bill, which is my contract of purpose. Sure, literally everyone else may be doing it, but I have ways to spend that money ON MY OWN. I tried tipping last time that I was at the place and it didn't work out well for me as I was gassier than I had been the previous two visits.

Oh wait, am I in the wrong thread?

that lne was so lame lol your friend could not have thought of anything else better to say??? He probably have Fresh Prince of Bel-Air-ish pickup lines for women...

^^^^ Hurry up and gimme your numba girl fo I don't want it no mo. lol (fresh prince line)

As far as the encounter, very cool, he seems like a real cool dude and it's good folks gave him space for the most part.

Archived