Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Cash Lot Parking Thread (merged)

Mark The Homer

Here are the cash lots we know as of now:

1) The Jericho Cash Parking lots. These were the old red lots and were operated by the team prior to 2009, but are now operated by the Jericho Church. These are due East of the stadium and are shown on the map below. You can access them via Arena Dr, but note that Arena Dr. changes to Peebles Dr. as you approach the stadium.  The two smallest lots are paved. The larger lot is unpaved (thin gravel). These are currently $40 cash. These red lots may open five hours prior to kickoff. Hot tailgating is permitted. It is a 4/10ths of a mile walk to the stadium.

2) The old Copper Lot (aka the Barlowe Rd lot) is due north of the stadium and is no longer operated by the team. It is accepting $25 cash. It is unpaved (light gravel). Hot tailgating is permitted. Plenty of porta-potties. It is possible this lot will open very early - earlier than the team lots, since it opened very early prior to the team taking it over. In fact, you can even park in there before they open and they'll come around and collect the cash from you. It is adjacent to Brightseat Rd, very close to Landover Rd., but it is accessed from Barlowe Rd. via Landover Rd. It is about a 3/4 mile walk to the stadium.  Edit:  There is a new driveway which may be used to access the lot from Brightseat, but it may have a chain across it.  If you're not sure, just use Barlowe Rd which is the next block West on Landover Rd.

3) The Gray Lot is operated by the team. It is a permit lot and permits can be purchased by *some* season ticket holders for $400, but you have to ask for it specifically. Otherwise, the lot is for employees and media. In the past, the lot has also accepted $40 cash from the public.  There is a free shuttle that runs to the stadium for those who are handicapped.

4) The large lot on the southeast corner of Landover Rd and Brightseat Rd. It is paved. It is $25 cash. I believe this lot opens at least six hours prior to kickoff. Hot tailgating is permitted. It is about a 3/4 mile walk to the stadium.

5) The "Sheriff Rd. lots" - most are $25 cash. These are privately owned front lawns of homes resting on Sheriff Rd just west of the Brightseat Rd. intersection. Be sure to pick a spot where you won't be blocked in by other cars.

6) The "big brown building" lot is $20 cash. It is on Brightseat Rd at the sharp bend in the road adjacent to the gray lots. It is well lit and generally there are county police officers nearby directing traffic. It is about a mile walk to the stadium.

7) The RV lot. You need an RV and $100 cash. The attendant standing at Redskins Rd. will sell you an RV lot parking pass on the spot on game day for $100 cash.  But you can also park your RV at the old copper lot (see #2 above), which I'm sure is cheaper, but I don't know what the price is.

9) Centre Pointe Complex Parking, 1019 Brightseat Rd (turn left from Arena Dr, it's on your left) is $30 for an electronic pass. 

10) The Library of Congress Landover Center Annex lot is $10 cash. Address: 1701 Brightseat Rd., Landover, MD 20785. Directions: Take Beltway exit 16, head west down Arena Dr, turn right onto Brightseat Rd. The lot is a few hundred yards on the right. A flier left on cars who have parked in this lot reads: If you tailgate, please cleanup all of your trash or your car will be towed by halftime. It is a one-mile walk to the stadium. 2010 Note: This lot has apparently closed in 2010 because of a break-in/burglary that occurred during a football game.

If anybody has info on other lots, let me know and I'll add them. Thanks!

stadiumparkingmap.jpg

ESHEAD9_Sjpg.jpg

You mean the old cash lots outside the beltway? No. Those are long gone, althought it's possible some of those lot owners could run a cash parking operation. But I doubt it, since there are no longer any shuttles running.

Had no idea. When did they do away with those? I parked in those lots until last year when I got my green pass, but if the traffic and parking situation doesn't improve in the green areas I was thinking of going back to the cash lots for the games I'm going to this year.

They did away with those at some point last summer. The team no longer provides cash parking directly.
Mark, the Copper Lot says permits only on 202 (Landover Rd), but when you pull into the Copper Lot they are accepting cash ($40) to park. I don't think they are advertising it, but I saw the signs. I will try to remember to snap a pic of the signs as I pull in for the TB game.

Mark, the two smallest former red lots are both paved. Only the largest old red lot is not paved; and it is gravel not grass.....but it does have a lot of weeks growing up in some places. There is a small island of grass in the middle that makes for a nice picknic/tailgate area; but no parking is done on that grassy area.

Mark, the two smallest former red lots are both paved. Only the largest old red lot is not paved; and it is gravel not grass.....but it does have a lot of weeks growing up in some places. There is a small island of grass in the middle that makes for a nice picknic/tailgate area; but no parking is done on that grassy area.
lol ok. Can anybody tell I've never parked there?
Do these cash lots open before the regular lots? Can you line up anywhere before they open?

I have no idea when they open. I would bet the small one at Landover Rd and Brightseat opens and hour or two before the permit lots because I see them out there advertising as I'm driving in, but I don't know for sure.

Do these cash lots open before the regular lots? Can you line up anywhere before they open?

Somebody posted that the Jericho Church lots opened at 8:00 for the Rams game.

For those lots you used to be able to get up to Jericho City Drive using Area Drive and line up from the entrance of Red Lot 4 on Jericho City Drive toward Central Avenue, but that was when they were Redskins lots. I'm not sure if you could get up Area Drive far enough to pull that off now.

Somebody posted that the Jericho Church lots opened at 8:00 for the Rams game.

For those lots you used to be able to get up to Jericho City Drive using Area Drive and line up from the entrance of Red Lot 4 on Jericho City Drive toward Central Avenue, but that was when they were Redskins lots. I'm not sure if you could get up Area Drive far enough to pull that off now.

That should still be the case since that's a public road. If the cops didn't mind before, I can't see why they would mind now.

Of course, I'm just guessing now since I now have a green pass.

I used to love tailgating in the large red lot. It worked out great on several levels. It was the closest walk to the stadium. At the top of the hill is a walking path about 10-12 feet wide that took you directly onto Redskins property. There is a great grassy area for those who prefer grass to tailgate on or throw the football. A lengthy tree line that provided sun protection and a personal bathroom for the beer drinkers :D. I suspect the trees and weeds were well watered on home Sundays. Plenty of extra space to set up since there were no white lines; alhtough the church parking staff did start "organized parking" before the FedEx staff did on the FedEx Field lots. And lots of space to park with no worry of hunting down a parking space. Only problem was leaving right after the game; but I don't think it was any worse than the FedEx lots.

That should still be the case since that's a public road. If the cops didn't mind before, I can't see why they would mind now.

My reason for doubt is that I'm guessing all but the two outside lanes on Arena Drive will be occupied by cars lined up for the FedEx lots, with the outside lanes used for incoming and outgoing traffic.

I suppose you could try using the inbound lane to get to Jericho City Drive and tell the attendants at the front of the lines you want to line up for the Red lots.

• 2 weeks later...

2) The small lot on the southwest corner of Landover Rd and Brightseat Rd. It is paved. It is $25 cash. I believe this lot opens at least five hours prior to kickoff. Hot tailgating is permitted.

so this lot 100% exists? i'm going for cash parking tomorrow, and this is the closest lot to the extremeskins tailgate, so I'd like to park here...

anyone have anymore info about it? i'm guessing there's plenty of signs for it?

so this lot 100% exists? i'm going for cash parking tomorrow, and this is the closest lot to the extremeskins tailgate, so I'd like to park here...

anyone have anymore info about it? i'm guessing there's plenty of signs for it?

I walked into the owner's office and talked to him personally. Yes it 100% exists.

I walked into the owner's office and talked to him personally. Yes it 100% exists.

Awesome, you're the man :)

so I read the traffice thread, and the 12 ways to get to the field. I saw the 12th part was exit 17 to 202/landover. I'm leaving northern VA at 8 am, so I should be near exit 17 around 9:30ish. I can either go 495 to exit 17, or I can take 66 into dc, go up new york ave and hop on 50, and take that to 202.

Any idea which way is faster at that time?

edit: i could also take 495 to MD, hop on 295, hop on 50 to 202... but i'm starting to think thats too much switching directions to really save any significant amount of time

Archived