Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder- stakes too high to roll the dice.

Beer is Food

If Snyder hires any other coach than Williams- he will finally cross the line. Whether Williams is the best or worst coach available- is inconsequential. Snyder will be opposing a structure built by Gibbs. Snyder will be choosing to rebuild a roster and go against his players will. To make this choice, Snyder will stake more than just next seasons record- he will be forced to bet the seemingly never ending loyalty of the Redskins fan.

Granted, winning cures all. But does Snyder want to take that chance? If he hires Williams, and the Redskins lose- you fire Williams. If you hire someone other than Williams, and the Redskins lose- you just created a situation that's hard to fix. The Redskin fan can take multiple losing seasons, bad teams, media abuse... but to have ownership be so arrogant, that it will oppose a legend- like Gibbs, will remove hope from the fan base. The fan will see an unfixable situation. Snyder will be to blame, and there is no firing an owner. The Skins fan base- will have no other recourse than to question whether to support a team that offers nothing but dysfunction. If Snyder hires anyone other than Williams, and the team fails to win, the fan base will shrink. I don’t think Snyder will want to place that kind of wager. I hope he will realize this and hire Williams. And, I think he will....

Archived