Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd

Birdlives

Today during his section on the NFL with Eric Allen he called the Redskins the worst team in the NFL.

One of his direct comments was:

"Who's going to be their quarterback? Jason Campbell?"

He was outraged that Streit & Smith's guide picked them to go third in the NFC East, but couldn't really back it up.

Did anyone else hear this? I was suprised there wasn't a thread when I did the search.

I noticed he immediately went away from the topic afterward and did not take calls regarding this comment.

He's a douche bag. He rarely ever allows callers to openly debate him on anything. He will, inevitably, hang up on callers while they're trying to back up their argument with known facts, he then goes off on some self-important rant.

I hate those personalities who dump calls when they know they have someone on the line who just may be able to debate them.

I'll admit I listen to him but he's also a tool... maybe that's why people listen to him? Sometimes it's just funny to watch mental midgets in action. I think him and his wife are divorcing, even though they recently had a 2nd child...

He may have dissed the Skins, but Birdlives kept right on listening to Colin. LOL!

I tune in on occasion to hear any news regarding the NFL.

I also listen to Foxsports, Tony Bruno, TEM and XXXESPN.

I'm on the road a lot for my job.

So really, what's your point?

Other than to make some jack @$$ comment that is.

When you're a talking head, it's simply impossible to have a strong grasp of all the major sports. There isn't enough time in the day to process all the info that it takes to be truly on top of things. This guy probably couldn't tell you anything about Jason Campbell other than that he went to Auburn. He couldn't tell you what his strengths/weaknesses are or why he's down on Campbell if you put a gun to his head. He's just going to regurgitate the media party line - the Skins suck and will never be any good.

Instead of mastering 1 or 2 sports, these guys try to know a little bit about every sport and spread themselves too thin. Whether it's this assclown, Wilbon, Tony K, or any other TV or radio "personality" - they're going to come up short every time. A guy like Mike Francessa seems to have a really good grasp of MLB, NFL, and a pretty good grasp of NCAA football. That's about the most informed guy you will find. He admits he doesn't know much about the NBA, tennis or hockey. I respect that.

Anyone who thinks they can intelligently and originally discuss what's going on in 3 or 4 sports is just a bulls*** artist. Or they are regurgitating someone's opinion.

When you're a talking head, it's simply impossible to have a strong grasp of all the major sports. There isn't enough time in the day to process all the info that it takes to be truly on top of things. This guy probably couldn't tell you anything about Jason Campbell other than that he went to Auburn. He couldn't tell you what his strengths/weaknesses are or why he's down on Campbell if you put a gun to his head. He's just going to regurgitate the media party line - the Skins suck and will never be any good.

Instead of mastering 1 or 2 sports, these guys try to know a little bit about every sport and spread themselves too thin. Whether it's this assclown, Wilbon, Tony K, or any other TV or radio "personality" - they're going to come up short every time. A guy like Mike Francessa seems to have a really good grasp of MLB, NFL, and a pretty good grasp of NCAA football. That's about the most informed guy you will find. He admits he doesn't know much about the NBA, tennis or hockey. I respect that.

Anyone who thinks they can intelligently and originally discuss what's going on in 3 or 4 sports is just a bulls*** artist. Or they are regurgitating someone's opinion.

Always preaching the truth, Dirk.

The funny thing is I've never heard of most of these commentators until they say something bad about the Skins and it shows up on here. So, for them, mission accomplished.

The formula:

1. Say something bad about the Skins on national TV. The worse - the better.

2. Wait for extremeskins message board to flood with comments.

3. Watch as familiarity with name cause ratings and popularity to increase.

4. Laugh, and plan next inflammatory comment.

5. Excitedly wait for contract renegotiation.

They are all full of ****. We had something like 80+% of the "experts" eating crow in '05. We'll do it again this year.

Still waiting for Salisbury to honor his bet about walking nude from Bristol to D.C. if the Skins won 5 in a row. Props to Gibbs for calling him out on it.

2. Wait for extremeskins message board to flood with comments.

3. Watch as familiarity with name cause ratings and popularity to increase.

4. Laugh, and plan next inflammatory comment.

How does having ExtremeSkins members thinking you're an idiot translate into high ratings and increased popularity? The people around here who already listen to him are either going to continue listening to him, or stop...and the ones who do not listen to him aren't exactly being given great reasons to start. There's barely a "curiosity factor" at play because blowhards like this guy appears to be can be found anywhere, including on this very site. Not to mention that you can get sports news and information all over the damn place...and a huge number of those other places are linked to by ES members. Cowherd may get a thread started about him, but that's about it.

Ask traditional tv and print media how their ratings and circulation are doing once too large of the population deemed them to basically be idiots with personal agendas masquerading as factual news.

...Whether it's this assclown, Wilbon, Tony K, or any other TV or radio "personality" - they're going to come up short every time...

Wilbon and Tony K don't deserve to be in there, in my opinion. They're pretty good at hating on the Redskins for the REAL reasons, and even when they hate on the Skins, it's not because of any pre-conceived biases. And, they criticize the Skins in an intelligent manner. They back their points up with facts, and they would have no problem with praising the Skins if the Skins deserved it.

I've never heard Cowherd admit that he doesn't know much on a topic - he's always the expert on everything. I'd rather TK and Wilbon hate on the Skins with good reasons than hear Cowherd even mention the Skins.

Nobody's going to give respect to the Redskins. They have to ****in' earn it. You guys are acting like we got "shafted" or something last season. We were awful. What? Do expect anyone from the media to pick the SKins to win the NFC East let alone go to the Super Bowl?

Get Real.

Who cares? We start winning more games than losing and the respect will come.

That said, the cheap shots like this one from Lenny P are a little ridiculous.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2912877

• Music to Redskins' ears: It didn't get much press, but RedZone Capital, the private equity firm of Washington Redskins' owner Dan Snyder, this week completed the purchase of Dick Clark Production for $175 million. The deal gives RedZone, and, thus, Snyder, the rights to "American Bandstand," "The Golden Globes," "The American Music Awards" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve," among other properties. Snyder plans to blend the shows into entertainment concepts at properties which include the Johnny Rockets restaurant chain, which he owns, and at the Six Flags theme parks, of which he owns 40 percent and is chairman. No word yet as to whether the former Clark properties will be used to enhance the experience at FedEx Field. Or whether, if Snyder's football team continues to sputter in 2007, game footage will be incorporated into a new series of blooper shows, a genre that Clark helped to popularize.

Archived