Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBOX 360 vs. PS3

willmb5

I was wondering which of these systems is better, xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. i understand that ps3 has some advantages like free wireless internet (i think) that comes on the system. ive always been an x box over playstation2 guy, but i dont know which is better out these 2 newer system

so i was wondering, for you gamers out there....which is better, ps3 or x box. give me some pros and cons because im not sure which one i should buy

What games do you play?

Are you looking for now value or later value?

Do you like to play games that involve a fake plastic guitar?

Are you interested in quite possibly the most anticipated game ever created? (besides nude raider)

i love sports games especially madden, nba live, baseball games, tiger woods, boxing....pretty much all sports

i also like some role player type games and shoot em up games like half life, halo,

etc

and no, not a big fan of guitar hero

I have played them both... Since I am used to the ps3 controller I like it better...as far as capabilities, ps3 is the way to go...loads of potential

yeah thats what i keep hearin about it havin a lot more potential

it plays blue rays which is a big plus too

xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox xbox

there is your answer. :)

I would say that if you have a top of the line TV (1080i) and have the money, buy the PS3. Even then, its a stretch because the PS3 is so far ahead of the times it is having difficulty staying afloat.

If you like a large gaming community and exclusive titles such as Halo then pick up a 360. The 360 is on pace with the technology that is out right now and it's a little cheaper.

xbox360 is about to get a lot cheaper (at least the current models will) because they are about to release an amped up 360 Elite (bigger hd, etc) in a few days. I plan on buying one of older 360 models when they get cheaper. Ps3 is nice and all but it's too expensive and I don't really care about its "potential" or watching movies on it. I want to play madden and halo, and I want the best online experience - which xbox is already good at.

xbox360 is about to get a lot cheaper (at least the current models will) because they are about to release an amped up 360 Elite (bigger hd, etc) in a few days. I plan on buying one of older 360 models when they get cheaper. Ps3 is nice and all but it's too expensive and I don't really care about its "potential" or watching movies on it. I want to play madden and halo, and I want the best online experience - which xbox is already good at.

if madden's better on 360 ill probably go with that. plus i dont got a really nice tv, just decent, so i guess i wouldnt get the whole ps3 experience

thanks for the comments guys

They released elite a week or 2 ago and Microsoft has already assured the loyal consumers that the price of the pro and core consoles will not change. :(

EDIT: It's going to have to lower eventually, but probably not until the holiday season. That'll give the people time to realize that the elite has a lot more for only 80 bucks more and it'll give Microsoft time to realize that the Pro systems aren't selling well and then they'll drop them, but it's not going to be for a while.

I have played them both... Since I am used to the ps3 controller I like it better...as far as capabilities, ps3 is the way to go...loads of potential

Taylor Jacobs and Heath Shuler had potential. :D:silly: :laugh:

They released elite a week or 2 ago and Microsoft has already assured the loyal consumers that the price of the pro and core consoles will not change. :(

I got the Elite. Its only worth it if you are going to trade your old 360 in. They give you 250 bucks for it. I kept my harddrive though so that you can transfer saved files over to your 120 gig harddrive. The Elite's are only selling in limited edition, then they will just offer the white one with 120 gig hd, or a 120 gig hd sold seperately for your old consol.

Either way, its worth it if you trade in your old dust filled consol for 250 off of a 480 dollar brand new consol with a 120 gig hard drive.

*enter DiscoDave*

DD- the PS3 is the only good system ever built, the 360 is hardly better than a ps2, the 360 sucks, ps3 is awesome, it plays movies real cool like!

I don't think that I ever said that the 360 sucks. It's decent. To me it's not as good as the PS3. You can either agree or disagree.

360 is the way to go in my opinion.

Xbox Live is the key.

Whether you go Elite or whatever is wont matter, they will make their stuff adaptable.

They havent committed to either HD-DVD or Blu-ray so it may be a better option in the long run depending on how it all works out.

Personally I have a nice DVD recorder and DVR, so that part isnt as important to me for now.

X-Box and Wii are running the show right now, but again it depends on what you are looking for. As far as sports games, I think most are pretty much the same on any console. So go with what you like most.

What, besides the 120 gig HD and being black, does the Elite have to offer?

Thats the selling point and it is still cheaper than the PS3.

And you can choose whether or not to buy the HD-DVD and you still have live which is far superior to PS online.

Oh...more games.

Archived