Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going to the Eagles Game

Donita35

I really like the idea of meeting at the Maryland House that someone suggested earlier. (I sorta forgot who). Is anyone else interested in meeting there and following each other to the game? That way we could arrive at the stadium in a bunch a scare the Eagles fans.

Please discuss.

This is the thread from the game last year. I am trying to organize a presence at the Eagles vs. Redskins game at the Linc this Sunday. There are a lot of tickets available on EBay and Stubhub (pretty reasonable too). Anyone interested?

Some mod took that Caravan to Philly thread and merged it into another thread and then stuck it in the tailgate section that nobody reads. Good thinking!

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133765&page=9&pp=15&highlight=caravan+philly

We're not going to rally everybody together unless everybody sees the thread! Sheesh. Sometimes you have to wonder if an Eagles fan has infiltrated the ranks of the mods.... ?

I suggest we use this thread until they move it, then we restart another one here until they move it, etc., until game time.

The plan is, everybody who can meet at Maryland House do so and try to get there around 10:30 Sunday. It's at mile marker 81.0, which is 16 miles north of the Baltimore beltway on I-95. It's a left hand exit. We'll leave at 11 and caravan to the Linc together with Redskins car flags flying.

Those who are late or are coming from another direction, try to meet us at (EDIT) one of the Wachovia Lots, which can be accessed via Broad street. You can get maps and directions here:

http://www.lincolnfinancialfield.com/home.jsp

Edit: At first we planned on Lot U, but I've learned there is no tailgating allowed at Lot U. I called the Philadelphia Eagles and they recommend we park at one of the Wachovia lots. The Philadelphia Eagles told me to take I-95 N and you'll see the stadium on the right, then take the Broad St exit, then get on Broad st, and turn right onto Pattison St, and from there the Wachovia lots are accessible. They are marked Lots A through Lots H. PM me and I'll give you my cell and you can call me for our Lot location after we arrive and park at around noon Sunday, but we are planning on Lot D. I'll have a 20 foot flag pole flying the American flag, and a Redskins flag just below it. It will be visible from quite a distance.

Halter91 will have a turkey fryer to cook wings in, so you might want to bring some wings, and some hot sauce and butter to drizzle on them. Otherwise, if you can, bring hamburgers, dogs, brats, buns, chili, dips, chips, cheese, crackers, whatever, and of course, beverages, if you can. If you can't bring food, show up anyway! I'm sure there will be plenty of food to go around. A number of people will have grills. The main thing is SHOW UP! All Redskins fans are welcome, whether you have food or not!

Weather forecast for Philly Sunday: Partly Cloudy, High 47

Please bump this thread.

THANKS!

I will try to be there by 10:30. I may not make it until around 11 or 11:30 though. From the looks of the directions we just take 95 N. to Broad St. and then turn down Phillies Dr or Rd to get to Lot U. If I'm not there before everyone leaves, will meet you at Lot U.

Go Skins!!! :helmet:

Still plenty of time left to get tickets on Ebay if you can get the tickets overnighted to you!

I will be at the game Sunday. I wouldn't worry too much about the Eagles fans at least during the tailgate as it is New Year's and many will be at the murmur's parade in center city Philly.

I expect to see a lot of no-shows. Many of my friends who are Beagles fans are not going to the game or sold them already, so you'll get a bunch of fans who never go to the games.

*OFFTOPIC*

Hey....Is there an update about that Giants fan of a boss of yours....

Actually he has been on vacation since the game. But lets just say he has about 10 pictures from the game on his door. (Right over the cover page from the New York Post). Including pictures of Manning getting sacked, Tiki getting stopped and the score board at the end of the game. I cannot wait until he returns on Tuesday to see it. Let's just hope that I still have my job. :doh:

Actually he has been on vacation since the game. But lets just say he has about 10 pictures from the game on his door. (Right over the cover page from the New York Post). Including pictures of Manning getting sacked, Tiki getting stopped and the score board at the end of the game. I cannot wait until he returns on Tuesday to see it. Let's just hope that I still have my job. :doh:

Hopefully your boss takes it well....way to represent.....:cheers:

Is there anyone who will me going up a little later? Possibly meeting at the Maryland House around 11:30 - 12:00?

The reason we chose an earlier time is to avoid the chance of being broken up by arriving late. If we are there in a group when the lot opens, we should be able to all park together and party together and further plan the stategic assault on the stadium. Please try hard to arrive with us at 10:30. Otherwise, see you there. Thanks!

Archived