Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins - Superbowl champs? Is it possible?

Short answer, yes.

As it sits now, if we can defeat the Eagles, we would face Tampa Bay in the first round. I've watched Tampa Bay play. We can handle them easily. Next would be 'Da Bears. Sure the bears have a great defense but their offense is suspect. We have beaten them once this year. I believe we have a good chance against them this time.

Who's next? My guess is Seattle. Close game but we win. Again, we have already beaten them. You take away the run like we did against the Giants and we win.

So, is it possible we make a Superbowl appearance? Who in the NFC is playing dramatically better football than the Redskins right now? I know it "seems" like a fantasy, but in reality, it could happen.

Superbowl champs? But to dream! I am guessing we face New England (the Colts have lost some of the magic). Great game. Winnable.

Many will say I am getting ahead of myself. Maybe so, but you don't have to be totally stoned to imagine it. Let me know your thoughts.

I think anyone who criticizes you needs to get totally stoned.

I like your optimism, this is the only time in the past 6 years that we have actual reason to be optimistic like this, talking Super Bowl. But don't dwell on it, it should be none other than a fleeting thought.

P.S. I work for the Eagles selling beer. I'll be at the game on Sunday in a huge ugly orange uniform, selling beer to disgruntled Eagles fans but burning up inside at my luck to see a game of this magnitude...and getting paid for it.

For the first time since going 3-0, I'm starting to believe that its possible! If we can continue playing like we did against Dallas and NY, and maintain that level of play on the road, the door is open to us. No team in the NFC is truely dominant. There is no reason a wild card team couldn't go all the way, and I'm starting to like our chances.

:logo:

Not only are we peaking right now, we are starting to get some 'breaks' on calls. Anyone who wins the Superbowl in these days of parity must have a certain amount of luck - (with the exception of all the blatant holding that 'wasn't' called during the Giants game).

Anyway, I am in complete agreement with the "one-game-at-a-time" philosophy. I don't think anyone is overlooking the dangerous Eagles. All I am saying is, on paper, it isn't a total pipedream to imagine Redskins - Superbowl Champs!

Oh well, all we can do is hope and cheer. Who knows, maybe we can beat the Eagles and the Giants will somehow get beat by Oakland. Lol, maybe I am on the weed.

The Skins are capable of beating any team in the NFC. They've proven that and beaten the two highest seeds already this year (Seattle and Chicago).

Our record against AFC teams over the past two years is not so good. In fact, if we are gonna win the Superbowl, it would be the first time we've beaten an AFC team in two years. (correct me if I'm wrong)

The NFC is VERY much up for grabs, folks. Playing how we have played the past two weeks it is ours for sure. Nobody, not Seattle, not Chicago, not Tampa and especially not New York or Dallas can mess with us playing like this. Remember the first year the Pats won it? They came out of the blue and just got hot late. It's all about being hot at the right time in this age of parity. We are getting hot at the right time. If we beat the Eagles next week then I really like our chances to make some serious noise in the playoffs. The thought is drool-inducing and is really hurting my productivity at work today.

For the first time since going 3-0, I'm starting to believe that its possible! If we can continue playing like we did against Dallas and NY, and maintain that level of play on the road, the door is open to us. No team in the NFC is truely dominant. There is no reason a wild card team couldn't go all the way, and I'm starting to like our chances.

:logo:

Let's see.

We have beaten the Bears.

We have Beaten the Giants.

We have beaten the Seahawks.

We should have beaten the Bucs. (#%@# refs!)

In case the Boys get in; we have beaten them - twice.

Carolina is the only question mark and I think we can beat them.

So the road to the SuperBowl is full of teams who we have already beaten.

However, as said before, we must beat the Eagles this wek for any of the above to mean anything.

Man, I would love to see the skins in the big game, but like the person posting before me said, way too many road games. If we make it in the playoffs in the first place and we lose in the playoffs, Coach Gibbs will come out saying that homefield advantage is huge in the playoffs (not that we dont know this). But homefield advantage can kill any team that is on a roll like us. Imagine our stadium, a regular season game will probably resemble how loud the opposing crowd will be on the away teams, mainly our situation :eaglesuck .

We weren't supposed to beat Dallas twice. We were supposed to be dead after 36-0. We weren't supposed to finish in front of the Eagles. Mark Brunell wasn't supposed to have a 88 QB rating.

After Sunday, it will be we aren't supposed to win the Super Bowl.

At this point, I'm not saying no. :)

Archived