Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we don't draft Luck

NIGHTHAWK1024

If we don't draft Luck then should we start the quarterback we draft right away? If we don't start him then we are probably stuck with either Grossman or Beck for another year. If we draft RG3 he would be able to run around if our line isn't improved, so he could be able to start right away. The only reason I say start Luck right away is because he has a chance to be good as Peyton Manning and could impact our win column with or without a great O-Line.

I don't if we start every QB is a possible 1st round pick. Not every quarterback can handle it. David Carr was thrown in on day 1 behind a terrible O-Line and look what happened to him. Look at what happened to Heath Schuler when we started him.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 01:52 PM ----------

I like disscussing prospect QBs as much as the next guy but...

You do realize there is a Redskins game right now correct? Do you also realize it's Dallas?

I'm at work listening to it and trust me I am sick to my stomach. We can't get passed the 40 yard line right now unless we are on defense. Not having a capable quarterback is killing our offense.

I don't if we start every QB is a possible 1st round pick. Not every quarterback can handle it. David Carr was thrown in on day 1 behind a terrible O-Line and look what happened to him. Look at what happened to Heath Schuler when we started him.

Those guys weren't bad because they were thrown in on day 1, they were going to be bad no matter when they started.

Our offensive coordinator is killing our offense. If every play we call is either stupid or predictable, what hope do we have, Luck or not? Why do we call a reverse to a guy that frankly, shouldn't be on an NFL team? Then on 3rd and one we do a seven step drop? Kyle is terrible and Mike knows it.

Those guys weren't bad because they were thrown in on day 1, they were going to be bad no matter when they started.

Well I don't know about that. I've listened to some NFL radio guys saying David Carr never had a chance because of the O-Line and if he had a better line then he could have done something. You never know with these quarterbacks. Heath Schuler was suppose to be our next franchise quarterback so how can you say he was going to be bad?

Well I don't know about that. I've listened to some NFL radio guys saying David Carr never had a chance because of the O-Line and if he had a better line then he could have done something. You never know with these quarterbacks. Heath Schuler was suppose to be our next franchise quarterback so how can you say he was going to be bad?

Its funny because Brian Mitchell thinks Heath Shuler was dumb as bricks. I think thats why he didn't make it in the NFL, here or elsewhere.

You might want to change the thread title to make it more descriptive. Just trying to help you out before the mods do it and NNT you.

I don't see an option for that and I don't see why I need to put a better description on the title. Titles aren't suppose to be extremely long.

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

Its funny because Brian Mitchell thinks Heath Shuler was dumb as bricks. I think thats why he didn't make it in the NFL, here or elsewhere.

I respect Brian Mitchell but at times he's a complete ******* just like Lavar Arrington so I wouldn't agree with anything he says. If he's so dumb then why is he in politics?

I can say it because he ended up being bad. If either of those guys were great QBs then they would've succeeded at some level on some team. Neither of them did.

Wow people are so picky. I start a thread about something interesting but yet other people start threads about a has been Jake Plummer really

You start a thread about a topic that's been discussed thoroughly around here, and didn't read the rules before starting said thread. The last thing we need is another thread about drafting Andrew Luck.

I respect Brian Mitchell but at times he's a complete ******* just like Lavar Arrington so I wouldn't agree with anything he says. If he's so dumb then why is he in politics?

Acutally, I remember hearing that about Shuler from other persons, dating back to the 90's. Any why is intelligence a pre-requisite for being in politics? I think we could all name various politicians over the years that weren't the smartest folks around.

yall think luck is really all that? granted he will be better than what why have now. but i dont think he will be anywhere as good as some people (media) are saying. not a real strong arm, but usually doesnt make bad decisions..give and take there. but with a strong arm you can learn to not make bad throws, but you will always be stuck with a weak arm

Rich QB class means you can have your pick of solid QB's if Luck is not available. Luck is the greatest prospect, but he is not the only one. As long as the Redskins draft one of these talented QB's, and give him offensive help such as OL help and some decent WR's, the Redskins offensive woes will be history.

Not really high on this Luck B.S., for a few reasons.

1. We've all seen great qbs come out of college and be complete failures; need I mention Leaf, Shuler, Carr, etc etc etc etc .

2. He knows he's gonna be the 1st overall pick, unless he suffers some freak season ending injury, thus his wallet will be opened wiiiiiide; and given the possibility of #1 coming into play, I'd be happy to settle for another qb who has a chip on his shoulder and won't demand Alabama, Texas, and New York as payment for his services.

3. Does he really really fit the scheme Mike has in mind? Throwing the ball is one thing, but executing the ideals Mike has is also as essential as throwing, and if its something totally different, its another learning curve, and possibly mental damage, like others have suffered.

Last, I see a comparison to the Mannings, talent-wise. His dad wasn't lighting up any scoreboards in Houston when he played; more like keeping the bleachers warm was his strong suit, but at least Archie had the chance to play, Oliver, well, only when they were up by 40 or down by 40.

Things will change quite a bit between now and draft day, and some surprises are coming, just wait...

Archived