Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sarah Palin Can't Comprehend the "Sputnik Moment"

Boss_Hogg

Sarah Palin went on Greta Van Susteren's show and one of the questions was about what she thought of President Obama's reference to America's "Sputnik moment" during his State of the Union address:

floM6Idv94c

Sputnik Moment refers to America's response to the Soviet launch of the Sputnik satellite and how it propelled our country to make technological advantages.

To Palin, the Sputnik moment represents a "WTF moment" from Obama.

God Help Us All If This Woman Becomes President :doh:

In her defense, does this mean "dumb", or "less than 40 years old"?

Even I said "oh yeah" when I read the definition of a Sputnik Moment, and I am a total dunce when it comes to history. If I were in her position though, I'd make sure I knew what I was talking about.

In her defense, does this mean "dumb", or "less than 40 years old"?

i'm less than 40 years old and know what obama meant by "sputnik moment." i'm going with either just plain dumb or being purposefully obtuse so that she can make the point that she wants to make.

her voice alone drives me crazy. i can't watch much more than 60 seconds of her talking.

I don't know why people think she will ever become president.

I don't know why people think that democrats are afraid of her.

After watching the video. Unbelievable. It's clear she actually prepared for the question, yet she never thought to stop and think of what the question was asking!

That was another one of those WTF moments, when he so often repeated this Sputnik moment that he would aspire Americans to celebrate. And he needs to remember that what happened back then with the former communist USSR and their victory in that race to space, yes, they won, but they also incurred so much debt at the time that it resulted in the inevitable collapse of the Soviet Union.

The problem isn't that she has no idea what Sputnik was (she apparently does). The problem is that: (1) she has no clue why Obama referred to Sputnik; and (2) she appears to think the Soviets spent so much money during the 1950s to beat us in the space race that they went bankrupt 40 years later.

The problem isn't that she has no idea what Sputnik was (she apparently does). The problem is that: (1) she has no clue why Obama referred to Sputnik; and (2) she appears to think the Soviets spent so much money during the 1950s to beat us in the space race that they went bankrupt 40 years later.

Exactly...at first I didnt realize what she had said...then it was like :wtf:, she doesnt understand how he is using the term. God damnit she is dumb. I mean seriously. :doh:

So she scoffs at the idea of civility between politicians who are paid to actually get stuff done, but plays the "it's all the media's fault" card, AGAIN when it comes to the same issue of civility.

Wow.

The woman is trying so hard to be clever and come up with a "gotcha" moment, that she just comes through looking mean, vindictive and quite frankly absent of any type of insight. I look at a woman like Christine O'Donnel, and I see a woman who is even more nutty than Palin, but I never got the idea that O'Donnell was a vindictive person, the opposite can be said about Palin. She is trying so hard that she is just looking silly.

I don't know why people think that democrats are afraid of her.

After watching the video. Unbelievable. It's clear she actually prepared for the question, yet she never thought to stop and think of what the question was asking!

Palin could have become the Vice President of the United states.

She would have been one McCain heart attack away from becoming the leader of the Free World.

That's downright scary

Archived