Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rosenthal via PFT: The Haynesworth story is just getting started

brianforster

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/05/the-haynesworth-story-is-just-getting-started/

We only have a few more days to milk the Donovan McNabb trade aftermath, but PFT has come up with some exciting non-Draft programming for the next few weeks.

We call it: Who wants Albert Haynesworth?

One of the biggest signings in free agency was offered to the Eagles, and NFL Network's Jason La Canfora expects the Redskins to continue to try to deal him. The connection to the Eagles wasn't the only time PFT has heard a rumor of Haynesworth's availability this offseason.

The financial implications of a possible Haynesworth trade are tricky. La Canfora writes the Eagles showed zero interest, so any financial stipulations didn't come up.

Haynesworth reportedly isn't thrilled with the idea of playing nose tackle. We wonder how he'll react when he hears the Redskins tried to get rid of him.

Well he chose hear over TB and more money because he DID fit the scheme last year and brought some major improvement to our DL and team sack totals. Everyone bashes the guy but he's just being honest when asked the question of why he came here and would he have if knew we'd be a 3-4 team in his second year. He's getting the JC treatment of scheme/playbook changes each year here.

He's the reason Orakpo made the pro bowl last year. I really hope we don't try and ship him outta here already. Dude is a monster.

You know how tired I am of hearing this nonsense? Maybe you should explain that to Allen and Shanny. I guess they didn't realize how great your golden fatass is.

Everyone bashes the guy but he's just being honest when asked the question of why he came here and would he have if knew we'd be a 3-4 team in his second year. He's getting the JC treatment of scheme/playbook changes each year here.

You know who else is.... EVERYONE ON THE TEAM!!! But Albert is the only one not buying into the program. He's the only one I have to hear post after post about how he doesn't like the scheme. Guess what, this isn't about what Albert likes or doesn't like.

He's the reason Orakpo made the pro bowl last year. I really hope we don't try and ship him outta here already. Dude is a monster.

Very very true. Thank you.

Cut him. I don't care the $ implications. There's no cap and $nyder is made of $. That would be the best outcome for the team.

That's retarded. Cut him? Are you kidding? You have no idea how good Haynesworth is then. We'd have a gaping hole on our Dline if we just cut him.

Maybe it'll motivate him to be in shape for the season and not have to take every other play off.

You don't know what you're talking about. You realize he played the highest snap % with us than he ever did with the Titans? And you realize that the snap % he played is higher than most DT's? I guess you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this.

You don't know what you're talking about. You realize he played the highest snap % with us than he ever did with the Titans? And you realize that the snap % he played is higher than most DT's? I guess you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this.

You realize that stat is based off of the games he played in right? It doesn't factor in the 4 games he sat out.

Still trying to figure out why this team is insistent on being a 3-4 team when it's better suited for 4-3...

I'm figuring the defense will be a hybrid of some sort. Even so, I don't see the fascination with it.

As for big Al, I think this all will end up being nothing. The talk was probably for that deal only, probably to avoid giving up draft picks. I'm sure they talked other players as well.

Still trying to figure out why this team is insistent on being a 3-4 team when it's better suited for 4-3...

I don't see the harm in varying the defenses you play. I'm sure if training camp rolls around and they don't have the horses for a 3-4, they'll play a 4-3. But what's the harm in trying to implement a 3-4? A very high percentage of the teams that run it have found success.

Archived