Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Redskins interviewing Romanowski for strength coach job (Updated)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/09/redskins-interviewing-romanowski-for-strength-coach-job/

Redskins interviewing Romanowski for strength coach job

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 9, 2010 2:17 PM ET

Bill Romanowski once lobbied to replace Mike Shanahan in Denver. Now he might join Shanahan's staff in Washington.

Jay Glazer reports that Romanowski is interviewing in Washington to be the team's strength and conditioning coach. Seriously.

There are a ton of jokes that could be made here, but we'll leave them to the commenters.

Instead, we wonder if the league will have an opinion on the hiring of an admitted steroid user and pill enthusiast for a job that puts him in charge of the conditioning of an entire NFL team.

Interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how I'd feel about this, I used to like Bill R. because of his toughness, but when he started getting dirty with his practices I couldn't support that. On the other hand, if there's someone I'd expect to really whip some guys into shape, it'd be him ... hopefully without the usage of PEDs (edit: why the **** did I say PHDs).

Update: PFT just posted an article saying he isn't likely to get the job.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/09/report-romanowski-isnt-likely-to-land-in-dc/

Report: Romanowski isn't likely to land in D.C.

Jaws dropped on Tuesday when word emerged that a notoriously juiced-up jaw-breaker could become the Redskins' strength and conditioning coach.

But Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that former NFL linebacker Bill Romanowski is not a favorite to get the job for which he'll interview.

Romanowski was a controversial figure during his 16-year NFL career. Apart from his admitted use of steroids, Romanowski once spit at an opponent -- and Romo sits to pee rearranged the face of a teammate, who sued him and obtained a six-figure verdict.

In 2001, Romanowski was tried on criminal charges of illegally obtaining prescription diet pills.

After his acquittal, Romanowski said, "I am just so thankful to the jury that they found us not guilty. I take a lot of pride in being a good person and being a role model, and a lot of that was in question in the last two years."

For more than the past four years, the question has been resolved; Romanowski is neither a good person nor a role model and even the mere granting of an interview to this pill-popping thug is the equivalent of the Redskins shooting another middle finger to the rest of the league, and to its fans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/09/redskins-interviewing-romanowski-for-strength-coach-job/

Interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how I'd feel about this, I used to like Bill R. because of his toughness, but when he started getting dirty with his practices I couldn't support that. On the other hand, if there's someone I'd expect to really whip some guys into shape, it'd be him ... hopefully without the usage of PHDs.

If you think that less than 95% of the NFL uses PEDs I have some swamp land to sell you...

Bill Romanowski once lobbied to replace Mike Shanahan in Denver. Now he might join Shanahan's staff in Washington.

Jay Glazer reports that Romanowski is interviewing in Washington to be the team's strength and conditioning coach. Seriously.

There are a ton of jokes that could be made here, but we'll leave them to the commenters.

Instead, we wonder if the league will have an opinion on the hiring of an admitted steroid user and pill enthusiast for a job that puts him in charge of the conditioning of an entire NFL team.

Have at it.........

I love this guys enthusiam

Interesting, considering he's never held anything like the position.

I must profess I didn't know he'd used steroids and human growth hormone, but the baffling part of that is why he started in '03 after his career was over.:whoknows:

IF there's any truth in this, (and I wouldn't believe Florio and PFT if they told me it was dark out at 1 AM), then I guess having someone of Romanowski's stature in the game around the place couldn't be a bad thing to rub off on the players.

Hail.

I must profess I didn't know he'd used steroids and human growth hormone, but the baffling part of that is why he started in '03 after his career was over.:whoknows:

Sylvester Stallone is an unashamed user of HGH and has been for like the last 5-10 years. He says they make him feel 40 again... :ols:

I'd rather our players not be taking 400 supplements a day and having a roid freak telling them how to work out.

Interesting, considering he's never held anything like the position.

He said he took them from 2001 - 2003, if you believe him that is.

Archived