Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Wizards Thread - SUMMER LEAGUE IS ON

No Excuses

I cannot wait to get it rolling! I actually think we'll stumble out of the gate though. With AJ down, the team needing time to gel, and a very tough early schedule we won't look like a tough contender until December IMHO.

I just hope that Gilbert still has "it." He looked awful against Chicago the other night. I am loving the new additions though. Foye will give us a sweet backup PG, Miller is deadly from 3 pt range with good passing, and Fab Oberto is a very crafty, tough PF/C.

I actually think the squad will step up. It is not uncommon for players to raise their game for a short period of time while a key player is absent but it never lasts for the whole season. I think we can go something like 6-4 or 7-3 while AJ is out, maybe even better. But i do think we have a real deep squad full of quality and not just people making up the numbers.

I haven't watched much of the Wizards in the past two years and I'm not sure why. I used to be a diehard, always posting in the Wiz forum here on ES. I kinda miss it, I'm gonna try to get back into it this year. I'll watch tonight.

There was no reason whatsoever to watch them last year, Spiff. Hopefully they stay healthy this year and return to form.

There was no reason whatsoever to watch them last year, Spiff. Hopefully they stay healthy this year and return to form.

Oh I know...but I pride myself on sticking through thick and thin with my teams. I've done it with the Orioles and Redskins, I still watch all the games for both teams no matter how bad they are.

For some reason I just couldn't do it with the Wiz.

Is it bad I still have trouble calling them the Wizards?

No. It's a ****ty name.

I'll be watching. Hopefully their new commitment to Defense isn't the same "give them an open 3, but hope they miss because they're far away", because that's pretty much what I saw in preseason.

Lol. Classic Wiz D.

I'll be watching. Love the Wiz. We'll be the 5 seed in the East. Randy Foye/Mike Miller trade was the best we've had in years. Butler will have a great year, a lot depends on Arenas though and if he can be the same player. Haywood being back helps a lot too. Young and McGee will continue to grow, hopefully Blatche too. Crinnenton can be a good backup. Oberto was a nice addition too. I like this team.

I agree with those who say it's gonna be rough in the early going. I think the Wiz have some shoulder angel/shoulder devil thing going on right now. They have Flip trying to teach them how to play smart basketball on one shoulder, and they have the same old jack up J's from wherever temptation on the other shoulder. Last year was such a disaster it's going to take a little to get past it, but I trust Flip to win out in the end.

As far as Arenas goes, as much as we loved old Agent Zero we don't even really need that anymore. We have so many weapons on this team. Run the offense, distribute the rock, drive the lane, get to the line, hit clutch shots. That's it. We don't need 30 per anymore. I'm not sure we ever did. And Haywood coming back is going to be HUGE.

Jamison's early injury is a bad omen, but this year's team should have the depth to sustain. I could see us winning close to 50 games, but I think we'll start slow as we adjust to Flip's system and getting two critical players back in Arenas and Haywood.

I could see Mike Miller winning 6th Man of the Year if he doesn't start...

Jamison's early injury is a bad omen, but this year's team should have the depth to sustain. I could see us winning close to 50 games, but I think we'll start slow as we adjust to Flip's system and getting two critical players back in Arenas and Haywood.

I could see Mike Miller winning 6th Man of the Year if he doesn't start...

He's won it before. But I think they got him starting to start the season. If that remains than I could see Foye winning it.

Oh I know...but I pride myself on sticking through thick and thin with my teams. I've done it with the Orioles and Redskins, I still watch all the games for both teams no matter how bad they are.

For some reason I just couldn't do it with the Wiz.

I've been hardcore and diehard for 35+ years and even I quit on them last season. :)

As far as Arenas goes, as much as we loved old Agent Zero we don't even really need that anymore. We have so many weapons on this team. Run the offense, distribute the rock, drive the lane, get to the line, hit clutch shots. That's it. We don't need 30 per anymore. I'm not sure we ever did. And Haywood coming back is going to be HUGE.

What stat line do you think he'll put up? 20 PPG, 7-8 assists?

I hope Haywood isn't the Brenda I remember seeing. I hated watching him play.

I've been hardcore and diehard for 35+ years and even I quit on them last season. :)

That makes me feel a bit better :)

What time and channel is the game on tonight? I dont see it anywhere on my tv guide

Starts at 830 on comcast. Channel 57 for me.

Archived