Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

John Riggins talking about skins on The Sirius Blitz

gobigred

I was listening to the Blitz this morning and a guy from SC asked John Riggns how the redskins could be fixed and man he really dropped some bombs. Here are some key points.

- There needs to be a Major makeover of management and ownership

- Dl and Ol needs to be upgraded. (he said that Jansen, and Thomas

getting too old. Kendall still looks pretty good as well as, Rabach and he

does not know what to say about Samuels but even had questions about

him)

-No playmakers on offense needs a guy to bring electricity to the team. (No

Steve Smith, Deangelo Williams on the team) sounded like a jab at Moss and Portis to me

- Feels Santana Moss is part of the problem in the locker room

- Not sure Zorn got what it takes to lead feels that Zorn should have

benched Moss after the the penalty in the Cincinnati game. He said

Moss cost team the playoffs.

-If not for London Fletcher team would have been 4-12

- Feels until locker room culture changes team will continue to loose.

I just found his comments interesting and followed a lot of the comments on this blog. I am so tired of loosing I am open to anything to right this ship.

The penalty didn't cost the Redskins the playoffs. I will say that bad play calling and inefficient execution did; both on offense and defense. There are a lot of things to put blame on. I agree with some of what he said. I have to defer to him on some of the things because he is a HOF player who has won the Super Bowl and its MVP award. He also was the major reason that we RAN through the playoffs. I know that he hates Portis, but when you hear things that have been allegedly said by Portis like "Are we going to try and get to 1,500 yards?" as opposed lets do what it takes to get a win, then you wonder what kind of culture do we have on this team? Are individuals or a team?

Don't get me wrong, I like Portis and I think that he is a tough tough running back who is probably the best blocking back in the league, but when he says something like that, it really becomes hard to defend something like that.

I think that most of this team will come back, if it does the same or gets worse, you will see massive overhauls on this team and we will see what we have.

Riggo has such an axe to grind it isn't funny. Maybe it is from all the wine he drinks.

He has some valid points, most of which are obvious to most intelligent fans. Other points seem to just be jabs at individuals. Funny, how he seems to have forgotten how he behaved back in the day. Imagine today's media back then.

I think alot of the quotes or misquotes are due to the media just trying to stir the nest to get shock value and ratings.

He really seemed pissed about Moss' "celebration" after the touchdown. His thing was, youre still down by 10 points. Why do something like that and look like a moron? I doubt it had as much to do with the actual penalty. Then he seemed further incensed that no one had the stomach to try and discipline him.

I have mixed feelings on it. On the one hand, it's rare for a veteran to get shown up for doing something like that. On the other hand, it sends a bad message to the rookies like Devin Thompson who got cursed out by Randy Thomas a few times and was told to act like a professional. What kind of message are you sending if you don't get in Moss' face for something that obvious but get in Thompson's?

He really seemed pissed about Moss' "celebration" after the touchdown. His thing was, youre still down by 10 points. Why do something like that and look like a moron? I doubt it had as much to do with the actual penalty. Then he seemed further incensed that no one had the stomach to try and discipline him.

I have mixed feelings on it. On the one hand, it's rare for a veteran to get shown up for doing something like that. On the other hand, it sends a bad message to the rookies like Devin Thompson who got cursed out by Randy Thomas a few times and was told to act like a professional. What kind of message are you sending if you don't get in Moss' face for something that obvious but get in Thompson's?

Riggins just a hater. and he has a doublestandard because he did the same things and caused the same if not greater distractions.

You made some great points. I was just thinking about Moss and Portis and the history these guys have. What kind of influence do they have in a locker room? They are the star players on the team If they lead by example (Play hard put team first) team will follow or if they become disruptive ( Team stops playing with fire no desire) Never thought what kind of locker influence these two guys have, if not happy. I hope this is not the case.

Riggins just a hater. and he has a doublestandard because he did the same things and caused the same if not greater distractions.

Whether or not he's a hater is not the issue. The issue is, what does it say about management and coaching staff when these two guys (Portis and Moss) are able to do these types of things that can divide the locker room and don't get called to the carpet for it?

Archived