Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HS Football: Dunbar forfeits to Fort Hill Citing Racial Taunts (10-02 WP Update)

Major Harris

yeah fort hill is the "other" school in my area.. i went to allegany

fort hill was already the subject of a racial matter last year involving the confederate flag and racial music (guys would sit outside the school in a pickup truck with a confederate flag in the back window playing racist songs as school was letting out)

so this doesn't surprise me at all

i hate this ****. nothing more degrading to be called a n****r or a sp** or **** and all that garbage. if you arent a part of these ethnicities you will never, ever undertstand how it feels when someone calls you these names. but i agree with teh major, you can quit, shut them the **** up by winning.

Actually that's the pinko commie left. And what's wrong with this country when good, honest, law abidin' white folk can't call some n***** a n*****?

Sincerely,

Navy "Uncle Rukus" Dave

hahahahahahha

"Don't trust them new ******s over there / Leaving they ****** essence in the air / Them happy, nappy head ******s / With they finger on the trigger / Don't trust them new ******s over there / Don't trust them big nostrils over yonder / They suck up so much air it'll make you wonder / Don't them new ******s / With they spidey little ****** figures / Don't trust them new ******s over there."

The Fort Hill coach denies it.

The Fort Hill players deny it.

No official heard anything.

No fan from either team reports hearing anything in or from the stands.

The Dunbar coach did not ever alert any official before pulling his players.

Maybe it happened, but we should really hold off on our judgment until a shred of proof is presented.

From the evidence it seems that the Dunbar coach has some explaining to do.

He challenged whether a local officiating crew would be impartial before they were even appointed. It looks like he took his team off the field after they incurred unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, all of which were reasonable to me - kicking a helmet, hitting a player who was already down and then the coach walking onto the field swearing at the officials.

Here's some video from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlr5MFe-Og

From the evidence it seems that the Dunbar coach has some explaining to do.

He challenged whether a local officiating crew would be impartial before they were even appointed. It looks like he took his team off the field after they incurred unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, all of which were reasonable to me - kicking a helmet, hitting a player who was already down and then the coach walking onto the field swearing at the officials.

Here's some video from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlr5MFe-Og

Corcaigh, you're right. However, my gut feeling tells me kids playing a game typically don't react quite this way for no reason. Sure there will be some tension, fights and such. But kids crying on the sideline and continually doing retaliatory things says there probably was some bad stuff going on. OTOH, they might very well have just been doing run of the mill stuff like insulting their mothers or the Dunbar kids might have started it themselves by using racial epithets towards the other team.

At the end of it all, there's just no way to know and in the absence of evidence one has to give the benefit of the doubt to the ones accused. The really unfortunate thing is that the Dunbar coach had a teaching moment for his players and he chose to handle it by having them run away. That's just not cool in my book.

Time for hog to share yet another unpopular opinion.

I've seen this happen in Cumberland a thousand times. Team XYZ from Baltimore or DC comes to town, thinking that, being the superior natural athletes that they are, they're simply going to run over the cornfed country white boys.

Team XYZ promptly gets its ass handed to it, or is on the verge of it, and simply doesn't know how to deal. That's generally when the excuses start flying. "Oh noes, the referees are on their side! Oh noes, they're racist! Oh noes, we brought the wrong shoes for the field turf! Oh noes, their band is playing too loud! Oh noes, their fans are making tuch noise! How unsportmanlike!"

A good friend of mine played for Martinsburg, circa 1985. He was one of only a handful of white kids on the team (a cornerback, oddly enough.)

Anyway, as he tells the story, they went up to Cumberland to play Allegany, got off the bus, and saw a total of three black kids on the entire Allegany team.

Needless to say they start into, "Oh, we got this. This is gonna be a rout."

Brian told them, "They grow a different kind of white kid up here, this is gonna be a game."

It wasn't.

Martinsburg lost by something like 7 touchdowns.

And that's how it usually goes. Fort Hill seems to be having something of an off year this year (though I admit I haven't seen them play.) They lost to Keyser (WV) last week, and obviously struggled with Dunbar.

But if there were helmets being thrown, and tears being shed on one sideline, and NO ONE can confirm a SINGLE racial epithet, I think that speaks to what ACTUALLY happened.

"We had the white boys down. We had 'em beat. And we couldn't hold on." BOO THE **** HOO.

Oh, and for those of you asking, Fort Hill and Allegany often have to go to the Baltimore and DC areas to find teams to play, because frequently they can't FIND local competition. So a couple of little single A schools (in a 97% percent white county) have to go in search of AAA city schools just to get a game.

Finally, I think it speaks volumes when you read the posts in this thread. We automatically assume that the crybaby quitters' statements were true. As yet, there's NO independent confirmation of that whatsoever.

Its a sad state of affairs when the white guy is ALWAYS assumed to have done whatever a crybaby quitter says happened. But it's cool if rural white America is guilty until proven innocent, right?

Time for hog to share yet another unpopular opinion.

I've seen this happen in Cumberland a thousand times. Team XYZ from Baltimore or DC comes to town, thinking that, being the superior natural athletes that they are, they're simply going to run over the cornfed country white boys.

Team XYZ promptly gets its ass handed to it, or is on the verge of it, and simply doesn't know how to deal. That's generally when the excuses start flying. "Oh noes, the referees are on their side! Oh noes, they're racist! Oh noes, we brought the wrong shoes for the field turf! Oh noes, their band is playing too loud! Oh noes, their fans are making tuch noise! How unsportmanlike!"

A good friend of mine played for Martinsburg, circa 1985. He was one of only a handful of white kids on the team (a cornerback, oddly enough.)

Anyway, as he tells the story, they went up to Cumberland to play Allegany, got off the bus, and saw a total of three black kids on the entire Allegany team.

Needless to say they start into, "Oh, we got this. This is gonna be a rout."

Brian told them, "They grow a different kind of white kid up here, this is gonna be a game."

It wasn't.

Martinsburg lost by something like 7 touchdowns.

And that's how it usually goes. Fort Hill seems to be having something of an off year this year (though I admit I haven't seen them play.) They lost to Keyser (WV) last week, and obviously struggled with Dunbar.

But if there were helmets being thrown, and tears being shed on one sideline, and NO ONE can confirm a SINGLE racial epithet, I think that speaks to what ACTUALLY happened.

"We had the white boys down. We had 'em beat. And we couldn't hold on." BOO THE **** HOO.

Oh, and for those of you asking, Fort Hill and Allegany often have to go to the Baltimore and DC areas to find teams to play, because frequently they can't FIND local competition. So a couple of little single A schools (in a 97% percent white county) have to go in search of AAA city schools just to get a game.

Finally, I think it speaks volumes when you read the posts in this thread. We automatically assume that the crybaby quitters' statements were true. As yet, there's NO independent confirmation of that whatsoever.

Its a sad state of affairs when the white guy is ALWAYS assumed to have done whatever a crybaby quitter says happened. But it's cool if rural white America is guilty until proven innocent, right?

Wow. That was a load of bs if I've ever seen it.

That is very much uncalled for Yusuf, and very unlike you.

That's just my opinion of the man and one I'd bet is shared by many on this board. However, since he hadn't posted in this thread, I agree it was a gratuitous insult that was the equivalent of a blindsided hit. For that I apologize, but my opinion of him stands on it's own merit.

After watching the video presented in this thread, my judgement:

Crybabies, led by the coach!

If anything at this point if I had a kid on that team I would be calling for the coach to be removed. He and his coaching staff handled everything from the kicked helmet to the 3rd USC penalty to walking off the field wrong, Dead Wrong!!!

I never had a coach in any sport that I played growing up that would have allowed us to quit, for any reason, they would find motivation in the negative and I believe I am a stronger man for it! I don't quit when things arent going my way, I find ways to turn negatives into positives, it makes the victory that much sweeter.

The lesson that these kids were taught this night is horrific. Then we sit back and ask ourselves whats wrong with the kids today?!?

:2cents:

Archived