Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should We Take a Look at Rod Coleman?

HoyaSkins28

Rod has had an up and down career with some very good seasons and some seasons filled with injury for Oakland and Atlanta. He was cut by Atlanta this year and I'm wondering if we should take a look at him to come in and compete for playing time. He would provide some very good depth behind Cornelius Griffin and Anthony Montgomery. This would allow us not only to focus on getting a WR in the draft but we could draft a pass rushing DE instead of a DT if we want to. He would come cheap so I think it would be a good idea to give him a shot.

Last year was the first year where Coleman missed a significant amount of time. I still believe he'd be good for 5-8 sacks from the DT position. He'd probably come at a cheap price tag as well. I think we should bring him in for a workout if nothing else. It was only 2 years ago that he was considered one of the better DTs in the league.

A 4-man rotation isn't a bad idea. However at this point you don't want a guy like Coleman taking time from Kedric Golston.

Further, the 4th guy should really be a young player with a lot of upsdie that can replace Griffin. I don't know that Montgomery or Golston are ever going to be the player Griffin is/was. But you want to be sure of that before letting short term veteran fixes take their PT.

Archived