Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Snyder Waiting On Cowher?

meterstick

Does it make sense to think that maybe Dan Snyder is waiting around for Bill Cowher to perhaps change his mind? Coach Cowher repeatedly denies interest in coaching this season but is there someway Dan Snyder figures to change his mind, perhaps with a hefty sum of money.

What do you all think?

Wow maybe a duo with William Hung

You doing ok up there in Northeast Pirate boy?

Yeah their duet would be, "What the hell are they saying?"...and of course at the end Hung will ask, "Why did you vote against Art Monk for so many years?"

I'm doing all-right...MASN usually shows the Pirate Football games during the week.

I am pretty sure the reason no coach has been hired as of now is because Snyder was confident he'd get Spagnuolo.

Snyder said in plain english he anticipated a HC being hired by the end of this week. To me, that statement was made because he anticipated hiring Spags. Maybe Snyder didn't offer him a contract, but he told him something behind those closed doors -- and whatever that something was, it wasn't enough to lure Spags into signing on the dotted line.

It's pretty obvious to me that Spags is the one that decided he wouldn't coach for us, based on the interviews, the information, and the offer he received in the mansion. This threw Snyder for a loop, and now we're looking the end of the week straight in the face without a head coach -- contrary to what Snyder led us to believe.

"He loves the ownership." - a quote from Spags' agent, referring to Spags' decision to stay with the Giants. To me, there is hidden meaning here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8020800885.html

Snyder has seemingly interviewed everybody he wanted to interview. You would think he would have had a back up plan - had Spagnuolo not been hired. But I don't think Snyder anticipated that happening.

Bottom line is -- Snyder didn't do what he needed to do to this week to hire the coach he really wanted. Yes, that's speculation, but I believe it's correct speculation based on Snyder's comments on Monday and the way the meeting ended Wednesday.

"To see what I consider the most explosive offense I've seen in years and years to just be slowed down like that was quite impressive." - Dan Snyder

Snyder was making a rare public comment on the coaching search at his own celebratory event, a reception marking the selection of former Redskins Art Monk and Darrell Green into the Hall of Fame. Snyder said he anticipates his team playing in the Hall of Fame game in Canton, Ohio, this summer.

After the reception, Snyder was planning to head home to meet with Spagnuolo.

"We're going back to work tonight," Snyder said. "And hopefully we'll be making the right decision in the very near future."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8020502037.html

Snyder has said he would like to end the search that began with Joe Gibbs's resignation Jan. 8 by the end of this week.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...8020402822.html

Clearly, things haven't gone Snyder's way this week, and the reason is because Snyder gambled that Spags would bite on his offer. And he did not.

Hence, we're close to entering out sixth week without a coach, and counting.

It's certainly possible that he thought Spags would take the job. It's equally possible that he thought he'd want to hire Spags more than he wound up wanting to hire him. If he really wanted to hire Spags, Snyder wouldn't have let him leave without sealing the deal (or at least making the offer).

It is hard to find a coach who is willing to not only have limited control over his player personnel, but also have limited say over his coaching personnel.......You have to bring in a retread that probably wouldn't get an offer from anyone else....Oh wait that's what's going to happen......

Does it make sense to think that maybe Dan Snyder is waiting around for Bill Cowher to perhaps change his mind? Coach Cowher repeatedly denies interest in coaching this season but is there someway Dan Snyder figures to change his mind, perhaps with a hefty sum of money.

What do you all think?

No. :doh:

Cowher won't be here unless Vinny is gone.

one of the reasons it is more difficult for the Redskins now, is that they have raised the profile of coaches pay in the NFL that the team is potentially offering others is now being matched by their current clubs.

no way Spags would have been paid $6M by the Giants without the Redskins setting the trend several years ago with $2.4M a year for Gregg Williams and $2M for Saunders.

now, teams are stepping up and individual candidates like Mora and Spags are using the Redskins to needle their present clubs into sweetening the pot for them.

These guys wouldn't turn the job down, they are desperate to get back into the NFL at any price. One of the reasons I doubt their sincerity in coming here with any belief in the organization or tradition of the club. These guys would be here ONLY for the paycheck. We've had enough pure mercenaries here already.

Cowher will never come here without control over the front office.

Vinny would have to go. Dan would have to act like the Rooneys and stay out of the day to day management of the team.

Isn't going to happen :)

Which is something everyone should start thinking about when they say that Fassel is a stopgap before Cowher comes to us next year.

Fassel actually reminds me a bit of Norv Turner. Quiet, understated guy who made his reputation as an offensive assistant. He managed to make a run in the NFC East when the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins were in down years. By 2003 his 'magic' was done with the Giants as the players started to tune him out.

Fassel actually reminds me a bit of Norv Turner. Quiet, understated guy who made his reputation as an offensive assistant. He managed to make a run in the NFC East when the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins were in down years. By 2003 his 'magic' was done with the Giants as the players started to tune him out.

Good call. Never thought about that but it fits.

Archived