Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A thought: Play the first defensive play without a Free Safety,(Merged)

JJredskins00

well, pete carroll sent his FG unit out and lined up with no kicker as a tribute to their kicker who died. let the play clock run out, took the 5 yard delay of game, then kicked.

we should send out the defensive unit with no FS. maybe coordinate with the bills for that one play, let them snap and spike the ball. then let them either accept or refuse the 5 yard penalty. at that point, i dont really care. it would be an awesome gesture.

I heard this from someone else, but what an emotional tribute it would be if we played the first defensive play without a free safety. If the Bills threw deep, well then that would be low of them. Some of you will say this is a terrible idea, but I think it would be a fine tribute.

Stupid idea.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I heard this from someone else, but what an emotional tribute it would be if we played the first defensive play without a free safety. If the Bills threw deep, well then that would be low of them. Some of you will say this is a terrible idea, but I think it would be a fine tribute.

THe symbolism of this would be amazing and it would make a huge statement about how much we are missing sean, but despite what happens you still have to play football to the best of your ability.

I like the idea a lot.

There was a high school team in PA (Southern Columbia, numerous time state champ in the 1990s/200s) that had 2 defensive starters drown during their preseason camp.

They began all their games with 9 players on defense.

Reaction of the other coaches was interesting. One or two tried for the big play, one took a knee, but most ran a simple off tackle.

If the Redskins did this, I would be astounded if the Bills tried to take advantage. They are the epitome of a class organization.

It wouldn't mess with the game itself. It'd be symbolic. We'd play without the FS and the Bills would know that and call a vanilla running play or something not near the vicinity.

Asking the other team to waste a down is more than symbolic. That is messing with the game. Respect the game. Play your 11 guys against their 11 guys. There are plenty of ways to honor Taylor that don't require changing the way the other team calls the game.

Portis changing his number to 21, for instance. Having all the players wear 21 in warmups. Keep a team captain spot empty for the coin toss.

But doing something that effects the outcome of the game? Nah. I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't like that idea.

i think it would be a great tribute, and i believe that we could coordinate something with the bills, i believe they understand i.e. kevin everett

you're right, maybe they line up with out a TE and we both go with 10 men for the first play. to the OP, it's a decent thought. it crossed my mind even though i don't think it will happen, don't listen to the people talkin about how stupid it is. whether it's this or somethin else, i wouldn't be surprised to see an extreme gesture by the skins or any other team.

Archived