Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

INT or not on 2pt conversion

crank

I was looking at the stats from this weekends game against AZ and I do not see where anyone was credited with an INT on the two point conversion that was stopped? Why does this not go into a players stats? The commentators were calling it an interception.

I was looking at the stats from this weekends game against AZ and I do not see where anyone was credited with an INT on the two point conversion that was stopped? Why does this not go into a players stats? The commentators were calling it an interception.

yes, he did intercept it; however, it does not go down as an interception for the same reason that a reception on a 2pt conversion does not go down as a TD. it's just the way the stats work. as soon as the defender "intercepts" it, the conversion attempt fails, it's just an incomplete pass.

yes, he did intercept it; however, it does not go down as an interception for the same reason that a reception on a 2pt conversion does not go down as a TD. it's just the way the stats work. as soon as the defender "intercepts" it, the conversion attempt fails, it's just an incomplete pass.

It doesn't count because an int. on a 2 point conversion does not equate to a change of possesion for the simple fact that the opposing team would get the ball back anyway, regardless if the 2 pt conversion was successful or not.

Does that clarify it? :)

It doesn't count because an int. on a 2 point conversion does not equate to a change of possesion for the simple fact that the opposing team would get the ball back anyway, regardless if the 2 pt conversion was successful or not.

Does that clarify it? :)

as soon as the defender "intercepts" it, the conversion attempt fails, it's just an incomplete pass.

I don't think that part is entirely correct. The defender can try to run it all the way back, and if he does it is a touchdown (I think...can't say I've ever seen it)

as soon as the defender "intercepts" it, the conversion attempt fails, it's just an incomplete pass.

I don't think that part is entirely correct. The defender can try to run it all the way back, and if he does it is a touchdown (I think...can't say I've ever seen it)

No...once the ball is intercepted or hits the ground, the play is over.

Same for a blocked extra point. as soon as the ball does not go through the uprights the play is over.

No...once the ball is intercepted or hits the ground, the play is over.

Same for a blocked extra point. as soon as the ball does not go through the uprights the play is over.

This is not true...even if the ball is picked and there is open field in front of the defender...they blow the play dead.

In college a few years back I saw a 2xpt attempt and they DID award the team 6 points for a fumble return for a TD...but this is not the case in the pros.

This is not true...even if the ball is picked and there is open field in front of the defender...they blow the play dead.

In college a few years back I saw a 2xpt attempt and they DID award the team 6 points for a fumble return for a TD...but this is not the case in the pros.

That particular statistic is for the offense. Either they make it or they don't. On a 2 point conversion, the idea is to get the ball into the endzone. If they call a pass and it's picked by a defender, then it's not an interception because it's a conversion attempt, not 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down, 4th down, etc. Only on a down play would it be a turnover.

Archived