Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Kirwin's latest mock (3/27)

Dirk Diggler

I guess Jamaal Anderson falling out of the first round in his last mock wasn't really an oversight. :)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10091269

6. **Washington: LaRon Landry, S, LSU -- Lots of rumors they will trade out of this spot if they can get their hands on Chicago linebacker Lance Briggs. If they stay in the No. 6 spot, they could take Landry. If Chicago winds up in this spot, it could be for a defensive tackle like Amobi Okoye to pair up with Tommie Harris.

I knew they wanted a DT with that pick. With Tank's issues and all.

The Bears have no need for a D tackle that early. Tank Johnson is only 26 years old and they have Ian Scott who is basically the same person as Tank Jonnson. If Chicago gets into that spot they won't use it. They will wait to see who drops and they will move down and get more picks. That is what they do. They will move down and get a Pozluzny or Pat Willis type backer and an extra pick. An alternative could be to move up into Clevelands spot at 3 if Calvin Johnson is still there. They could give Cleveland the six and the 37 they have to get in that spot.

personally the more i read about Landry the more i like him over the D line. IF** our dline can stay healthy that can be more than servicable, notice how i didnt say good. plus this is not a GREAT year for Dlinemen

read about how Landry puts people in position to make the plays ALA Clark with taylor. he doesnt bite on pump fakes and has great recovery speed. let me tell you something........I think i have a new man crush

****, if we can get Briggs and Anderson at 31. it'd be the steal of the century, but, whats the point of getting Briggs, when you have Rocky, MW, Fletcher, Lemar. 4 good solid linebackers. Why not wait a year on Briggs, and then take him when he hits FA.

****, if we can get Briggs and Anderson at 31. it'd be the steal of the century, but, whats the point of getting Briggs, when you have Rocky, MW, Fletcher, Lemar. 4 good solid linebackers. Why not wait a year on Briggs, and then take him when he hits FA.

I've said it outside of these forums and now I'll say it here...with the way our FO so loves to take care of their players when paydays come around :doh: don't be shocked to see MW get shipped out of Washington after this season. I'd hate to see it happen, but it's not going to shock me if this isn't peace of mind when they let MW go to another team. Dear god I hope my thought isn't true.

would it be a steal sure, but that 24 teams we'd be sweating through . I still don't think we need briggs as much as chicago or someone else wants our #6.

Anybody remember when Taylor Jacobs was projected as a top 15 pick?

Mocks had him going to us at #12 before we traded that pick for Coles.

Dude fell to the 2nd round....of course, the 'Skins STILL ended up with the turd.

What a sick joke that was....

You know it's a matter of time before the rumor expands to include not only Chicago's 1st rounder (#31), but their second (#63). Best start writing your reaction threads now or they'll get lost in the resulting mega-merge. ;)

exactly we can still move down without getting Briggs and get two players at actual positions of need....who woulda thunk it

LOL, I spent 30 minutes arguing that Adams is more regarded than Anderson by draft types with someone on the board -- sorry forgot the name. Anyway now Anderson drops out of the first round, completely.

Please show me one out of the hundreds of other mocks that don't have Anderson in the 1st round. You found one.

That's what I don't understand. Did something happen to make him drop from a projected top 10 pick to completely out of the first round? :whoknows:

Yeah it is pretty much a mystery there. Maybe some teams are talking trash about him so they can pick him up later? Dunno. But I promise you he won't be there at #31. I think (from what I've read on a few draft boards) that there is a saying or thinking going around that he won't be able to produce for a year or two at least, which is rather odd.

LOL, I spent 30 minutes arguing that Adams is more regarded than Anderson by draft types with someone on the board -- sorry forgot the name. Anyway now Anderson drops out of the first round, completely.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2007_mockdrafts.cfm

There. A nice big database of different mocks. Lets see where Anderson is. Most have him in the top 10. None that I saw had him even in the bottom of the 1st, letalone not in the 1st.

Archived