Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Matt Jones

prophet

Ehh , he was decent. Has awesome potential. Wont really know for about 2 more seasons when he has fully completed the transition from QB to WR / TE

Gotta cut the kid some slack , that is a huge transformation. Especially in the NFL

I was able to catch a few Jags games last year, and i was really impressed with this guy hes got great speed its sneaky and with his 6'5 frame hes almost impossible to cover really i think he ran like a 4.3? at the combine. I think within the next 2 years he will gave a breakout year.

The question with Jones will be can he go over the middle? That was the biggest knock I heard on him last season. There are questions about how tough he is in the middle of field. He's an excellent vertical threat and redzone target.

Yes he's got speed, but it didn't really translate into separation.

That's a problem. Can he fix it? I'll give him another year before I pass judgement.

He doesn't even NEED that much separation. In addition to being incredibly fast, Matt Jones is also 6'6" and his all-around athleticism is just amazing. The fact that he got 400 yards and 5 TDs his first season out of college and his first season as a full-time WR shows a lot more promise than you might expect. My guess is that with Jimmy Smith gone he could have a shot at the #1 spot this year if he has shown improvement at the position.

If you want to compare him to Antwaan Randle El (one of the better QB conversions in recent years)...

Speed: Matt Jones is a bit faster.

Quickness: Antwaan Randle El hands down (one of the quickest guys in the league).

Hands: Matt Jones has the edge.

Size: Matt Jones by a landside.

Jumping: Matt Jones... again, by a landslide.

Throwing: Randle El gets more credit for doing what he has done at the NFL level.

Hines Ward, of course, trumps them both in terms of physicality, hands, and route-running.

he doesn't have bad stats for a rookie playing as a #3 receiver most of the time I think. Jacksonville also has Reggie Williams right? Earnest Wilford is there as well. They will miss Jimmy Smith a little, but they got a young core who may be game changers. They also may pick up some free agent veteran.

I like Jones, and I think he will have a better season next year barring injury being a starting receiver.

Most people were pretty ignorant about what Matt Jones would be as a pro. Some people on draft day were talking about him as if he'd play TE. He's going to be a very good WR. He had a very good rookie season and still has alot of room for growth. By his 3rd or 4th year in the league, he'll be scary.

He was picked towards the end of the first round. Getting a consistent starter on offense with the 21st makes it a very good pick.

If you're saying the 21st pick is fine to be a #2 WR, then a 2nd round pick would be okay to be a #3? And if that's the case then there would be no reason to have more than a four or five round draft. Sure seems like the 21st pick should be a #1 WR. Just my opinion

Archived